I Met... INDIANA JONES!

I Met... Indiana Jones!

No, not that Indiana Jones...  A slightly younger version.  Sean Patrick Flanery was one of four actors who played Indy in "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles," which premiered March 4, 1992.  The series showed events in Jones' life during his childhood and teenage years.  Corey Carrier played Indy at ages 8 to 10 and Flanery at ages 16 to 21.  The episodes were introduced (and outro-duced?) by George Hall portraying modern-day Indiana Jones at age 93.  Harrison Ford portrayed Indy in the "bookends" for one episode, making him the fourth actor in the series to play the character.  

I learned that Sean Patrick Flanery would be appearing at the Columbus Fan Boy Expo and just a few days later stumbled upon his Boondock Saints action figure at Ollie's Discount Store.  So it seemed like the perfect time to make a Young Indy custom action figure.  Fortunately I bought two figures, because the first ended up being a test run.  I used a "leather"-type polymer clay to craft the hat brim and other accessories, including a whip. 

In modern-day photos of Sean Patrick, you'll see him project a tough guy persona.   He is big into Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and he is passing along his martial arts training to his sons.  .  He is a proud dad and in photos with them, he may show a closed-mouth, lop-sided grin. 

When I presented the Young Indy figure to Sean Patrick to be autographed, he said the figure was "killer" and I brought  the mischievous Young Indy smile to his face once again.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Met THE FLASH... and THE FLASH... and THE FLASH'S DAD!

Introducing... Dr. Eggslap

I Met... MICHAEL CHO!