I Met... DON KRAMER and TOM NGUYEN!

I Met... Don Kramer and Tom Nguyen 

Today I attended the Fanboy Expo in Columbus, Ohio.  It was supposed to happen last year... but COVID.  It's been a number of years since I've been to a "con."  There were just a handful of comic book professionals there, including Don Kramer and Tom Nguyen.  Both were at their booths working on commission sketches.  You could walk right up to them and talk with them.  Neither charged for autographs (the television and movie celebrities at the event charge a hefty fee).  I did a little research before I went and found two comic books in my collection that they worked on, which they autographed for me.  

Don Kramer penciled a story in Wonder Woman #600, which was written by J. Michael Straczynski and inked by Michael Babinski (their names rhyme, if you didn't notice).  Big things tend to happen in issues that are multiples of 100, and the big thing that happened in this issue is that Wonder Woman got pants as part of her uniform!  It's not the best outfit she's worn and it is certainly not the worst.  Maybe the pants have pockets...   

The cover for Superman Secret Files #2 was penciled by  Doug Mahnke and inked by Tom Nguyen.  Mr. Nguyen remarked that it was the first piece they did together before they took over the Superman: Man of Steel title. 

There was one autograph I did pay for, but that is a story for the next post. 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Met THE FLASH... and THE FLASH... and THE FLASH'S DAD!

Introducing... Dr. Eggslap

I Met... MICHAEL CHO!